In today’s episode, I sat down with the one and only Tonya Rapley. Tonya Rapley is an internationally recognized millennial money expert, mompreneur, and founder of the award-winning site, My Fab Finance.
She is the author of the Amazon best-seller, The Money Manual: A Practical Guide To Help You Succeed on Your Financial Journey and co-host of the Color Full Lives podcast with Angela Yee (The Breakfast Club) and Aminatou Sou (Call Your Girlfriends).
In 2014, she graced the cover of Black Enterprise magazine and was deemed the “New Face of Wealth Building”. Her mission is to help millennials break the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck so that they can live lives they love.
During this episode, we discuss all things motherhood. From, why she didn’t want children earlier in her life, to what is like to be a new mom in her 30s, and the importance of being at peace with yourself before you have a baby.
Tonya also opened up about her fourth trimester and everything she did to prepare for this new chapter.
Here’s what we’re going to cover in this episode:
- Why Tonya went from not watching any children to being madly in love with her son.
- Raising a baby as an entrepreneur.
- What is like to be a new mom after 30.
- The importance of being at peace with yourself before having a baby.
- Getting through healing after pregnancy.
- Why she wondered if she was built for this.
- The process of getting a nanny for a 6-week old baby.
- The importance of building your tribe.
- The questions you need to ask yourself when building your tribe and assessing your relationships.
- How she prepared for motherhood.
- Why she didn’t see her pregnancy as a disability.
- Her experience with a midwife.
- Her advice to anyone who is considering having a baby after 30.
Connect with Tonya
The Money Manual: A Practical Guide To Help You Succeed on Your Financial Journey