NORY POUNCIL ON PUT YOURSELF FIRST, SURVIVING SOCIAL MEDIA, & KELIS
There are a lot of women in painful situations, keeping secrets and not being transparent about their pain. – Nory Pouncil
This solo episode belongs to the Tea Time with Nory, podcast edition.
Tea Time with Nory is an intimate look at Nory’s life, & updates from iAmHealthyFit. Released every other week, these shorter episodes give listeners an opportunity to connect with Nory and learn about how she practices self-care on a personal level.
Today, Nory discusses how to survive all the negative information on social media and why you need to put yourself first. She shares her thoughts on Kelis’s interview & why it brought her to tears. Learn how women of the diaspora are navigating in this dense space. Press play!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- [0:56] Why this episode was recorded three times before its release.
- [1:08] How too much information negatively impacts your self-care.
- [1:42] What is like to be a woman of the diaspora today.
- [3:18] Why Kelis’s interview brought me to tears.
- [5:25] Do you make time to process events in your life? Why you need to start now.
- [6:06] Why women of color suffer in silence.
- [6:49] Thoughts on pedophile and rapist R. Kelly.
- [7:01] This is what happens when you don’t put yourself first.
- [8:55] Nicaragua, Garifunas, and why being woke is draining.
- [10:15] Why I desperately need a therapist in St. Petersburg right now.
Last but not least!
- [15:20] The Health Conscious Review Party. Join now!
- [16:27] Nory’s Snap Back Project. How to make yourself your #1 priority.
- [17:54] Join our new FB group.
- [18:32] Fan love segment: Shoutouts to Joymarie Parker, creator of Joblogues and my best-frand.
The number one takeaway: Do not forget to put yourself first!
Helpful links from the episode:
[amazon_textlink asin=’0062414852′ text=’The Happiness Project’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’iamhealthyfit-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d73f4435-5193-11e8-9d95-c9e7c03810ca’] by Gretchen Rubin
Join The Health Conscious Podcast Review Party!
Learn all about Nory’s Snap Back Project
Before you go:
Can you do us a favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcast. You’ll be the first to know when new episodes are released.
REVIEW THE PODCAST
Suggest a topic:
Let’s keep the conversation going!
Follow me on Instagram @iamhealthyfit & Twitter @_iamhealthyfit
P.S. Nory hosts a weekly Instagram Live version of Tea Time with Nory, every Thursday at 8:00 PM ET.